18 February 2013

Kings Don't Cry

by Izzati Rahman



When the sun sets,
I take off my armour,
I take off my crown.
.
I let go of my limbs,
to feel the nakedness of the soul.
.
I leave my sword at the door.
.. “No use for defences now.”
.
Because when the sun sets,
When fathers return home
And when mothers greet them
You become invisible.
Invisible.
Leave your sword at the door.
Because no one is coming.
 .
When the sun sets,
The world darkens,
My scars come out.
.
When the sun sets,
At the blinding darkness,
At the howling of the wolves,
I let out a sigh,
And I brush off the tears.
I hold on to my cape,
In the loneliness of the eclipse,
The cape is the only thing left.
.
The cape.
Which blanketed my fears,
And kept me warm.
.
.
“Sleep tight thyself.”
.
Because when the sun comes up,
When the darkness is gone,
You will put on your armour,
With your red cape flowing,
At your back.
.
You'll put on the crown,
You'll smile.
You’ll be King again.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And Kings don’t cry.



No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik