30 September 2010

One.

Words of a different chapter, but all from the same book.
I contemplated doing this again. Writing down emotions that might as well be bottled up inside. I worried doing this again. Flashbacks of horrid memories haunt me by day only to continue at night.  I questioned myself, on why had I found solace in words, and not in other things. I pondered, wondered, scribbled quotes on empty sheets of paper, only to realize that I should be here.
Welcome.
Call me the raindancer.
Raindancer?
Its funny how I can relate a lot to raindancing. I’ve only seen the real dance once. Done by a friend of mine from Africa. She twirled, dance, chanted, sang on top of her lungs. She told stories, of how her ancestors did it. I could remember how fast her barefooted feet danced on the maroon polka dotted carpet. I could remember how stunned I was, to be so interested in it for years, but only manage to see it at the ending of my 19th year.  
My name? No, that’s not important. And that’s not why I’m here.
Why are you here anyway?
I am here to tell my story. I am here to tell myself the story about the girl that I’ve lived with forever, that I look at in the mirror every day, and yet I know nothing about her. I am here to tell my formation of words, the pain behind growth, the tears behind the laughter, broken dreams, plastered hearts, but most importantly, the faith above it all.
Hello.  

1 comment:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik